ABBREVIATED CONSTITUTION OF
facingUP Support Services
facingUP Support Services, hereafter called FUSS
FUSS aims to offer support to all young people who are experiencing or have suffered personal trauma associated with life changing losses/events, from all communities, providing that it is in line with the constitution of FUSS. Where FUSS is unable to offer support, we will endeavour to find suitable support for the person/s in need.
The nature of the support FUSS offer will be through:
- individual pastoral support by an accredited, locally based L&F Course Facilitator or partner;
- the presentation of group sessions of the Lost&Found course.
- The aim of such support would be to:
- enable a young person to identify the emotions related to their loss;
- help them to make sense of their loss and the impact on their life;
- develop positive behaviour strategies to cope with the changes they are facing;
- motivate them to grow through their experiences in order to offer support to others in their communities who might have endured similar experiences.
To be an internationally recognized non-profit, Christian based Support Network who, through intentional partnerships:
- offer care and support to young people and local communities, by means of
- getting local people involved in local lives,
- with the express objective of helping young people grow through their respective experiences of loss, and
- enabling them to become a positive influence to their peers who have experienced similar losses.
To make a significant and meaningful contribution in enabling communities to become emotionally healthy, by:
- helping them understand their emotions,
- the effect that these emotions can have on their lives and inter-personal relationships;
- assisting them in developing positive life-strategies,
- which would enable them to grow through their experiences,
- faceUP to the challenges in their lives, and
- ultimately enable them to make a positive impact in their communities.
To build a wide co-operative and Support Network, both locally and internationally, in order to offer all communities equal access to emotional support, irrespective of race, cultural or financial status. The Lost&Found course will be accessible to anyone of any faith.
To continuously develop further courses and curricula which will be relevant to communities, with the aim of assisting them to cope with issues that are relevant to their communities.
To place community workers / youth workers in schools and communities, to work in partnership with local churches in assisting schools with the presenting of Lost&Found lessons and courses, to offer pastoral support within the school, and assist with Christian Union (i.e. Scripture Union/UCSA/VCSV/YFC or any other Christian organisation) and the teaching and delivering of life-skills as part of the Life Orientation curriculum in schools;
Work in partnership with UPnOVER TRAINING to develop curriculum and relevant course material, and make use of each other’s resources.
Provide care and counseling to young people and families of all cultural backgrounds, who have been affected by life changing circumstances or who have experienced significant life changing events such as divorce or bereavement.
Equip local community volunteers, youth workers, church leaders and Youth Organisations, by offering them training that would enable them to become accredited Lost&Found Facilitators, who can present Lost&Found courses, as set in the formal Facilitators Agreement, in their communities;
Work in partnership with other like-minded organisations, business and individuals, who share the vision of supporting families and/or individuals who have suffered loss or significant life changing experiences;
Develop relevant course material in order to offer additional pastoral support to groups and individuals;
Develop relevant Life Skills curriculum to be presented in schools;
Train teachers to present class lesson material, developed by facingUP;
Support teachers/staff to grow through their own experience of loss;
Offer pastoral support to schools and communities through a network of service providers;
Train Peer Mentors in schools;
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS ONLY AN ABBREVIATED VERSION OF THE OFFICIAL FUSS CONSTITUTION
THE COMPLETE VERSION IS AVAILABLE FROM THE FUSS HEAD OFFICE. WRITE TO: PO BOX 14, HOWARD PLACE, PINELANDS.