The dictionary describes it as:
“to face: have boldness; nerve; dignity”/ “up: toward; to a higher point; a more elevated position”
facingUP Support Services (fUSS) direct our determination and drive toward:
Important Announcement: Old Mutual Two Oceans Entries have SOLD OUT!
Many Thanks to our Supporters
- Supporting young people and communities to make sense of life-changing events, such as death, divorce and displacement;
- Encouraging them through the process of integrating the loss into their lives;
- Develop resilience through the growth-process, in order to live victorious lives, making a positive contribution to their communities.
fUSS offers our support through individual, one-2-one support, small group support programs, big group/whole-school intervention programs and presentations to learners and educators. We develop and deliver programmes that equip young people faceUP to their painful and difficult situations, while supporting them through the process of overcoming those challenges, encouraging them to grow in resilience, and becoming positive role-players in their community.
Our programmes are:
culturally relevant and sensitive
and motivationally focused,
while allowing for self-discovery and self-realisation.
The training, support and programmes fUSS offers is designed to:
- Inspire young people of all ages.
- Equip local volunteers, who have an on-going commitment to their local community, with relevant educational and developmental material.
- Assist and enable young people faceUP to, and overcome the challenges in their lives, thereby taking individuals ‘to a higher, more elevated point’ in their lives.